Identify a senior citizen and schedule an hour to talk with him or her face to face. Be sure to tell the person that you are completing the interview as part of a class assignment and that the content of the interview is completely confidential (no names will be used). Conduct an informal interview, focusing on the participant’s developmental history.
Consider the following:
- Family history and background
- School environment and educational experience
- Employment and volunteer work
- Social relationships
- Partnerships and parenthood
- Significant life events
- Significant life transitions
- Memorable experiences
In addition to interview data, you may also obtain information from significant others, behavioral observations during the interview, and records (e.g. school reports, family albums, diaries, etc).
Part I: Document the questions you asked and the participant’s responses. This is your interview ‘transcript’ that will be turned in along with your reflective paper.
Part II: Write about 1,050 words reflecting on the interview. In your paper, include information on the following:
- What were the most notable aspects of the interview? What topics did your interviewee respond strongly to and why?
- What were the most surprising aspects of the interview? Did any of the interviewee’s responses surprise you? Explain.
- What stood out as being most important in his/her life? Describe the interviewee’s most significant or meaningful life events.
- What life transitions did your interviewee discuss? Did he/she disclose any specific strategies for coping with difficult life transitions? Describe the interviewee’s most challenging transitions.
- Explain what you learned from this experience.
Use the literature in gerontology, wisdom and successful aging to supplement your paper and support your points.
Include at least three references from scholarly sources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Copyright ©2018 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. See the list of trademarks used in this course.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar and Writing Guides
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
What life transitions did your interviewee discuss? Did he/she disclose any specific strategies for coping with difficult life transitions? Describe the interviewee’s most challenging transitions. was first posted on September 20, 2019 at 11:58 am.
©2019 “Coursework Research”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at